Lee el post en: Español
You guys, I turned 29 on July!! Say what? Seriously, where did time go? I feel like the past few years have come and gone in a blink of an eye.
I’ll tell you a little secret, maybe I’m too emotional but I really don't like thinking about how old people are. For me, it’s more about who we are and the experiences we've had. That being said, the other day I was looking to buy online the balloons you'll see in these photos. I was so sure that I needed a “2” and an “8”. Then, I did the math just for fun, and guess what? 29 was the result! I didn’t know if I wanted to laugh or cry (ok, mostly laugh).
Anyway, I remember a few years back saying that when I had two years left before hitting that “third floor”, as we call it in Mexico, I would make a list of all the things I wanted to do or achieve before turning 30. Looks like I obviously forgot about it... Well, better late than never right?.
So, without further ado, here's my ’30 before 30’. Let's see how many I can check off the list by August 2018!
Launch my blog! Develop and launch my online business.
- Go to a new music festival - I’ve already been to Coachella, Lollapalooza, Tomorrowworld, Corona Capital and Rock in Rio. Next on my list are: Osheaga, Glastonbury, and ACL.
- Set foot on all continents - Australia, I’m coming for ya!
- Live in a fifth country - So far, I’ve had the chance to live in Mexico, France, Italy and now the US. What will be next?
- Invest funds on something.
- Launch a mini shop - Working on that. Can't wait to show you more!
- Go on a spontaneous adventure - If you know my hubby, you know he likes to plan *everything*.
- Leave a mark in people’s life - Give others a (good) reason to remember my name. And no, my coffee order at Starbucks doesn’t count haha.
- Meal planning and actually sticking to it - Because dining out every day is hella expensive and not the healthiest option.
- Improve my photography skills.
- Upgrade my gear - Gimme all the lenses and a 5D Mark IV too, please.
- Learn more about InDesign and CSS.
- Keep learning Italian and French.
- Hot air ballooning.
- Learn how to cook a complicated dish.
- Take a food and wine pairing class.
- Apply for the job of my dreams and/or create one I love.
- Have and stick to a morning routine - Trying to become more of a morning person Zzzz.
- Go back to Paris.
- Attend a photography workshop.
- Help someone in need.
- Read at least 10 new books.
- Go on a road trip to somewhere I’ve never been before.
- Have more meaningful conversations with my family - Living so far away makes me miss them even more.
- Go all out when celebrating the last day of my 20’s.
- Do a no smartphone-social media weekend.
- Declutter and give away what I don’t need or haven’t used in a while.
- Forgive myself for my mistakes - Everything is a learning experience.
- Stop holding grudges. Good vibes only!
Ok, that was a lot! Now, instead of feeling old, I’m going to work on this list and make the most out of this year. I’ll make sure to come back and update it as I'm achieving these goals.
What about you? Do you have any plans or goals before your next year milestone? Let me know in the comments. I would love to know more about them!
SHOP THIS POST