Lee el post en: English
I’m sure you know the feeling when you find a tool or website that you just love because it makes your life (so much) easier. Am I right?
Well, here’s a list of some of the best blogging tools:
* This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more details.
- Canon T4i – I’m currently using this older version from the Rebel Series and it works just fine for me while I save for a full frame camera. However, you can get the newest version Canon T7i that has a 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor and has built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM – If you want to take good quality photos for your blog, the 18-55 mm kit lens just won’t be enough. This fixed lens is a great option for a multi-purpose lens that you can use to obtain that bokeh (blurry background) that most people love. There’s also another more affordable version, but I highly suggest getting the f/1.4 if you can. Trust me, it’s worth it.
Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART – This is my first ‘big girl’ lens that I got for myself last Christmas. It’s more expensive (and way heavier) than the 50mm that I just mentioned but O-M-G, I love it This lens is so sharp and you can achieve such a beautiful bokeh in your shots. I especially love it for portraits and outfit detail shots.
Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera – My husband got me this camera for our trip to Japan earlier this year and let me tell you, it’s a game changer! So light, yet powerful. It easily became my bff for traveling because I had no more excuses to take nice photos when out and about. No more lugging around heavy gear or being afraid of having it stolen. This camera usually comes with a 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens, which is not bad for street photography if you only want to carry a couple of lenses. However, I also purchased a Sony 35mm f/1.8 lens for portraits and my Instagram husband loves it for taking my outfit photos because it’s pretty user-friendly.
SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB SDXC – Just because you need to store your photos somewhere, these are the ones I use and love. They are FAST!
Photography Softbox Light Lighting Kit – Natural light will always win but sometimes you’re too busy during the day or the weather just won’t cooperate. This lighting kit includes 2 softboxes that are great for product photography and even Youtube videos/tutorials.
Reflector – I use this 5-in-1 collapsible reflector almost all the time to bounce the light back onto my subject and reduce shadows.
- Editing Software: I use Adobe Lightroom to edit all the photos taken with my cameras or these apps if taken with my iphone. For graphics creation, I usually use Adobe Photoshop.
- Hosting: After dealing with a not so great experience with Bluehost, I decided to move on and host my blog (and other websites) with SiteGround. They have amazing customer service, better hosting packages and free SSL certificate for your domains. I personally use their ‘GrowBig’ hosting plan, which is still very affordable and lets you host multiple websites.
- WordPress Themes: I love a good feminine and elegant theme and I’m *obsessed* with looking at every single one out there and imagining how I can make them work for me. That being said, these are my favorite ones: