You guys, one of the biggest shopping days of the year is coming… Amazon Prime Day 2018 kicks off July 16 at 3pm ET!
The last few years have been a HIT and I’m pretty sure this year’s won’t disappoint either.
* This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more details.
First of all, if you are not a Prime member yet, you need to sign up like NOW! You can do so here and take advantage of the Amazon Prime 30 Day Free Trial, which will also let you shop Amazon Prime Day.
*BONUS: If you are or if there’s a college student in your household, you can also sign up for a 6 Month Prime Student Trial and receive a 50% OFF for your Prime membership the rest of the year.
Aside from being able to shop Amazon Prime Day, your Prime membership gives you so many amazing benefits such as:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on over 100 million items, FREE Same-Day and 2-Hour Delivery in select areas, and FREE Release-Date Delivery on eligible pre-order items.
- Prime Video for unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes.
- Ad-free Prime Music, which also unlocks Amazon Music Unlimited at an exclusive discount (right now is 4 months for $0.99).
- Prime Reading for unlimited reading on any device, books, magazines, comics, articles, Kindle Singles, you name it!
- Prime Early Access for 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals. Trust me, these are usually some VERY good deals! I have been able to score this big acrylic $120 makeup organizer for 40% OFF and this $150 jewelry organizer/mirror for $60!
- Prime Photos for FREE unlimited photo storage for you and five others. If you are anything like me and love taking photos of everything, you want this! Being able to seamlessly backup all your smartphone’s camera roll is priceless!
And if all these benefits were not enough, you can also take advantage of the Amazon Household Program, which lets two adult family members and up to four children to share the best of Prime.
Just check out my Amazon Faves list and see for yourself!
Anyway, on Prime Day just go to Amazon to get a preview of many deals before they even start. You can then “watch” the deals you are interested in and get notified as soon as they go live. Additionally, you can also look for specific items on the search bar and check out which ones have a Prime Day badge.
And now, the coolest part! Drum Roll Please! 🥁🥁
WHAT SHOULD YOU BUY THIS 2018 PRIME DAY
- Amazon Echo – We have an Amazon Echo Show (save $100 today and get it for only $129) and a couple of Amazon Echo Dots (get it for under $30 or two for under $50 today) at home and it’s been so cool having the Alexa system right there. We specially love the screen on the Echo Show to follow video recipes while we cook, read song lyrics, preview movie trailers, watch our door live with Ring (currently on prime day deal for $174)and video call our family and friends!Other features we like using often include: purchasing movie tickets, getting an Uber, checking the weather and the World Cup scores, listening to audiobooks, ordering stuff from Amazon and the most important, getting some pizza! 🍕 It’s pretty cool, y’all! The guys from Amazon work really hard all the time to keep adding skills and improving existing ones to make Alexa even smarter.Depending of what you’re looking for, you can also get an Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Echo Spot or the newest Echo Look, which is like a personal style assistant!Of course nothing is complete until you add some nice accessories to your new Echo. I personally recommend this nifty wall mount for your Echo Dot so you can save some valuable space on your night stand. I have been also looking at this cool cover for my Echo Dots and this PU Leather case for my Echo Show to “dress” them up!
- Smart Plugs – Now that you’re getting in the “Alexa groove”, you will probably want to make your home “smarter” by adding some smart plugs to your lights and devices. We use these light bulbs, these and these smart plugs for our coffee maker, slowcooker, lamps, christmas tree and we keep adding more whenever we get a chance.
- Toshiba 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR – Fire TV Edition: Perfect opportunity to upgrade your TV and get an amazing deal! Only $290 today!
- Fire TV, which is Alexa enabled and super affordable at only $19.99 on Prime Day or the newest Fire TV Cube that also comes with 4K and UltraHD capabilities AND it’s only $89 today. Talk about Hi-Tech!
- Instant Pot: This magic cooking device has been on my wishlist for a while now so I think it’s time to jump on the bandwagon! There’s a reason why more than 215,000 of these pressure cookers were sold ONLY on 2016 Prime Day. Say what?! The Instant Pot is basically a 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker that includes: Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer. You can cook everything from hard boiled eggs to whole chicken in no time. Perfect for those weeknight dinners!
- 23andMe DNA Test: This was one of the best-sellers last year and it’s pretty cool idea for a gift if you want to understand more about your health, traits and ancestry.
Seagate Portable 4TB External Hard Drive USB 3.0 : Because who doesn’t need the extra space, right?! Well, we’re talking about 4 TERABYTES you guys!
RAV Power 16750 Updated Phone Charger Battery: Charge your iPhone up to 5 times with this external battery pack and never miss those Instastories when you’re on-the-go! Get this Prime Day deal for only $20!
- Fitbit: Fitness trackers like the ones from Fitbit usually go on sale during Prime Day so make sure check it out if you’re looking for one! My husband loves his Ionic and I love the look of the new Versa!
- Electronics like wireless headphones and GoPro style cameras are sure to make an appearance this year. Early Christmas shopping anyone?
Vitamix E310: Hello healthy smoothies and chunky salsas for summer and some yummy veggie soups for winter!
- This cool insulated stainless steel travel cup that is also a coffee maker for the perfect on-the-go Pour Over Drip Coffee!
- Jewelry Cabinet with Lockable Door: You guys, this jewelry/accessory organizer has been a game-changer in my life since I bought it in December! Right now you can get it for under $100 (regular price is $164) on a Prime Day Deal.
- Install a browser plugin like Honey or The Camelizer to see an specific item’s price history chart with its highs and lows of the price on Amazon and at other retailers. Save more, buy more, am I right?
- Know something you’re definitely planning to buy? Add it to a shopping list now because you will get a notification if that item gets discounted on Prime Day.
- BUY NOW, THINK LATER. Remember that items that you add to your cart are only reserved for 15 minutes so try to be as fast as you can.
- Wanna save more? Use Ebates and get cash back on all your online purchases. Sign up here and get $10!
Are you guys shopping Amazon Prime Day this year?, What has been the coolest thing you have ever bought on Amazon? Let me know in the comment section below! I’ll make sure to keep adding more deals to this post as they go live.