Finding a way to exercise can be a struggle. It often feels that from the moment we wake up, to the moment we lay down at night, we've been at a speed of constant without getting the chance to stop and even catch our breath. Think about how much you truly do cram into your day-to-day. There's work, social, obligations, errands, family, friends...and the list goes on and on. The one thing missing from that list? Exercise. We'll often find ways to keep all of our obligations except the one regarding exercising. Why is that? Is it because we truly don't want to exercise or do we feel that out of all things that we have going on every day, it's the one item that just continuously be pushed back? That answer will more than likely vary from person to person, but the truth of the matter is that exercise is important for so many reasons. It helps to keep you and your body healthy, it helps you maintain a healthy weight, it's a natural way to help relieve stress, and it's good for your mind, body, and soul.
* This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more details.
*This post is a result of a collaboration with Misfit Wearables and Statusphere. I received this smartwatch for free in exchange for an honest review.
Think about the last time that you actually worked out. How did you feel after you were finished? Proud? You should be. Pumped? Absolutely, you had a ton of adrenaline running through your body. Those are the feelings to remember to help motivate you to keep working out. It's time to stop finding reasons to not exercise, and start finding ways to make it happen! Keep reading for some tips below.
- Set a schedule. Give yourself an agenda of what you are going to do each and every day. Depending on when you prefer to workout, add your exercise to your daily to-do list. Make a point to add it every day so it becomes a schedule and habit for you. The more you write it out, the more you will actually go to the gym. And the more you go to the gym, the quicker it will turn into a habit where pretty soon your body will actually show signs of missing working out if you fail to do so a day or two in a row.
- Utilize your lunch hour. If your excuse has always been that you have no time to exercise because you spend your whole day working, it's an excuse that you need to stop using. During your workday, use your lunch break to get a few steps in. Exercising is as simple as getting up and taking a walk. It doesn't have to be the entire duration of your lunch either. A stroll around the block, or longer, if you want is perfectly fine to get started.
- Wear a smartwatch/fitness tracker. If you have trouble holding yourself accountable, why not get a little help from these awesome gadgets? Not only do they track your activity, your steps, your calories, and your sleep patterns, they also will remind you politely that it's time for you to get up and move if you've been sitting for too long. You can even program some of them to message you and ask where you've been since you haven't exercised in a while. Now that's some motivation right there!
I've been using the new Misfit Vapor Smartwatch and absolutely love how it's helped me stay on top of my health and fitness goals with reminders and even call, text and app notifications. I got to be honest, some days are harder than others and I need to be stuck in the office. However, as soon as I have a moment and look at how behind I am from my daily goal I take action and try to fit a quick workout session. Even if it's only taking my dogs for a walk and going grocery shopping (the Marketing girl in me likes walking through ALL the aisles and checking out merchandising stuff haha).
I love how I can track all sorts of activity in just one mighty device. Everything from steps and calories to distance and heart rate! And with these April showers that have been more like pouring rain since March, I really appreciate having a smartwatch that is swim-proof and water resistant. Also, have I told you that you can choose between several watch faces and even get cute interchangeable straps to match your outfits? Talk about being smart AND stylish! I'm eyeing this 3-pack bundle for spring and this rose gold link bracelet for a more polished look 😍Get your Misfit Vapor Smartwatch here and never miss a workout!
- Schedule your social time with your friends by meeting at the gym to work out together. Who says you can't bicycle and chat at the same time? It's a great way to make certain that you are getting your work out in and also being able to enjoy the company of your friend. If you both have a great work out, then you can reward yourselves by going on to dinner or drinks after! Win-Win*
The time has come to stop finding excuses for why you are too busy to exercise. While it may not always be a fun time to exercise, it's something that needs to be done to ensure that you keep yourself healthy. Find a way to make it happen, and make it a priority in your schedule! You may find that the more you work out, the better your mind feels as well because working out tends to help relieve stress that could be clouding up our brains.
Have fun getting your schedule in order to include exercise, and give it a chance! You may find that once you plan accordingly, you actually like to exercise on a daily basis!