It's that time of the year, the moment that all of us beauty lovers have been waiting for... Sephora's VIB and VIB Rouge SALE! If you are a Sephora Beauty Insider member, you should have received a card with your discount code in the mail or an e-mail with your invitation. So make sure to check that mailbox, ladies!
Here are the dates and discounts for each tier:
* VIB ROUGE: 20% OFF | 11/3-11/6 and 11/10-11/15 | CODE: 20FORROUGE
* VIB: 20% OFF | 11/10-11/15 | CODE: 20FORVIB
* Beauty Insider: 15% OFF | 11/10-11/15 | CODE: INSIDER15
If you are anything like me, I'm sure you want to get ALL THE THINGS. Am I right? However, most of us don't have unlimited funds, specially not during the pre-holiday season. So, what should I buy? I'm glad that you asked, darling! I have compiled a list of the best beauty and skincare products you should get on this 2017 Sephora's VIB sale.
HOW TO SAVE EVEN MORE
If 15 or 20% discount wasn't good enough, let me tell you that you can save even more! I'm talking about 4% Cash Back so more money, more makeup right? 🙈
Sign up here for Ebates to get cash back at Sephora and many other retailers. Just make sure to visit Sephora's website from Ebates first or even easier, install this handy Google Chrome extension. Once it's installed, an Ebates logo will appear on your browser's navigation bar and it will alert you whenever there is cash back available on that retailer.
Now just click on the "+" of the category you want to shop!
GET YOUR GAME FACE ON!
These are some of my favorite foundations, concealers and setting powders:
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: After looking everywhere for a lightweight foundation, I finally decided to splurge in this one earlier this year. I had heard great things about it but since not many Sephora locations carry this brand, I was hesitant to order it without trying it out first. But I'm glad I did because it has become my favorite foundation for my dat-to-day. It's so lightweight and with a lovely silky finish that you don't feel like you are wearing anything at all. I love it for a more natural look but it's certainly buildable in coverage without looking cakey!
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover: This is probably one of the most hyped foundations within the beauty world but I've just recently had a chance to try it. The best part is that it comes in more than 40 shades to match all skintones so I would recommend going to your local Sephora to get shade matched and make sure you get the right one. I really like how it feels on my skin and it's a great everyday foundation as well to get that flawless complexion that we all like. However, I've heard from other friends that it might not be the best one for oily skin types.
- Too Faced Born This Way: Before I switched to my Armani foundation, I was using this one along with the Born This Way concealer. It's a great medium-to-full coverage foundation and more affordable than the other two (only $39 USD). I really like that it's infused with coconut water so it helps with the skin's moisture levels as well.
- Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Hydrating Concealer: I'll be honest with you, the first thing I liked about this concealer was the pink packaging and fun name 😂 but, can you blame me? It comes in three different shades (I use the light-medium). This concealer is great for hydrating the under eye and reduce those fine lines and I also love that it doesn't crease. I've had other ones that leave those pesky marks after a couple of hours, no matter how much moisturizer I apply beforehand.
- Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder: I'm all about beauty products that smell good and I've been in love with Too Faced Peaches and Cream collection since they launched their eyeshadow palette. I prefer to use it during the warmer months and it really helps blur out my pores!
LOOK ME IN THE EYE
These eyeshadow palettes are the ones on my wishlist (and secretly in my shopping cart for quite some time):
- Huda Beauty Desert Dusk: I mean, look at those colors! It makes me wanna go to Morocco and have some mint tea and tajine (yum!). I tested this palette at Sephora the other day and the shades look as good IRL as they do in the photos. Plus, the formula is so creamy! It comes with a mix of matte, satin and metallic shades that would be perfect for a date night out.
- Too Faced Just Peachy Velvet Matte: Sorry but I just love that peach scent! It comes with 12 beautiful warm matte shades perfectly arranged in its magnetic packaging. The only thing that makes me think twice about getting it, is that it doesn't last long unless you apply some kind of primer first. It's worth a try I guess!
- Tarte Tartelette Toasted: This eyeshadow palette is one of the newest releases from the brand and I've heard so many good things about it! I haven't had the chance to swatch the shades but I think it looks pretty similar to Urban Decay's Naked Heat palette (which I already have). It comes with 12 warm, rich eyeshadows that just scream FALL! I think I'll probably get it anyway and give it to my sister if I don't love it that much haha.
- Viseart Golden Hour: Can you tell I'm into warm shades lately? 😂 I've never tried this brand before but it's probably about time! All my favorite beauty vloggers have been raving about this one because apparently it's really buttery pigmented and the quality is amazing. I personally like the mix of shades and even if it's only a nine-pan palette, looks like the possibilities are endless.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism: I really didn't like her previous Subculture palette but this one looks like a (holiday) dream! It comes with 14 neutral and metallic shades and I think it's just what I need for a little eye drama now and then. The packaging is beautiful and the formula looks so pigmented yet very blendable. This one is definitely at the top of my list!
- Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 - Holiday Edition: This palette is definitely on the pricier side and it only comes with 5 metallic shades. However, the brand is well known for its amazing quality, bright and vibrant shades that last all day. If you have tried this one before, please let me know you like it in the comments.
- Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara: I haven't really used mascara in a long time because I have eyelash extensions but this is the one that a couple of makeup artist friends always recommend for volume and super bold lashes!
- Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape & Define and Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape & Fill: My favorite one from this collection was actually Gimme Brow gel but I've just learned that it's been recalled due to quality control issues 🙁 I really loved the formula, so now I'll be trying these two pencils to level up my brow game!
GET YOUR GLOW ON
You know how much I love highlighters, so of course they deserved a whole different category! Here are some of my favorite ones:
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter: Becca's highlighters are probably my all time fave because of how pigmented and long lasting they are. This one is a powder but has a creamy texture that feels so silky and it's great for daytime! The shade from the image above is actually Champagne Pop, a soft gold with sunny, peach undertones that was created in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill.
- Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter: I reviewed this highlighter in another post if you want to check it out but I'll be brief here: coconut everything + blendable + all the shimmer! It comes in the universal color 50-Dew You? and I love mixing it with my foundation or moisturizer for an overall glow!
- YSL Touche Eclat Radiance Perfecting Pen: This is more of a multitasking product that that brightens, smooths, and perfects your complexion with the luxe of Yves Saint Laurent. It's specially good to reapply after a long day at work or for those days when you simply didn't get enough sleep. It's $42 USD and so worth it!
- Becca Après Ski Glow Face Palette: I was really trying to resist getting this palette by telling myself that I have too many already. Yeah, right! After watching tons of Youtube reviews and swatching it at the store, I don't think I can keep it away from my cart. Becca's palettes are what dreams are made of and they just keep getting better and better. This limited edition palette comes in a beautiful case and includes three highlighters, two blushes and a bronzer.
- Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette: The first time I tried one of their other palettes, I felt like the shades were not pigmented enough for my fair skin. However, I got a mini version of this one and it totally changed my mind! Looks like its formula is actually different so I guess that's why everybody seems to love it. I like that these highlighters are not too intense and they sit beautifully on the skin. Also, this is a limited edition so I'm pretty sure they will be all gone after the VIB sale.
OH STOP, YOU'RE MAKING ME BLUSH!
I don't know about you, but there's something about a good blush that instantly makes me smile when I'm wearing it!
- Tom Ford Cheek Color: This blush is probably the most expensive one I've ever owned. I got it as a holiday gift from a friend a couple of years ago and I love it but haven't justified buying it for myself. It has such a color-rich formula that blends with your skin in a way that no other blush does. I specially like the shade "Love Lust", which is more like of a coral and looks beautiful on light to medium skin tones or when you are a bit tanned.
- Nars The Multiple - This multipurpose stick was the first product I ever purchased from the brand several years ago. Since that moment, I've been buying it every year. Of course my favorite shade is "Orgasm", a peachy pink shimmer and let's just say that the name is enough to explain how good it is 😅
- Tarte Blush Bazaar Amazonian Clay: This limited edition blush palette came just in time for the holidays! It comes with 8 blushes and 2 highlighters in a double-sided set to make all your blush dreams come true. The formula is really smooth and I feel like the colors are a bit less intense than they show in the pictures. You can't really beat the price ($44 USD) for all that's included!
- Too Faced Love Flush Blush: This blush has a smudge-proof formula that claims to last up to 16-hours. I don't think I've ever worn blush that long but still! It's really pigmented so be careful when applying it and keep that cute heart shaped case when it's over 💕
ALWAYS KISS ME GOODNIGHT!
A good lipstick can take your look from blah to glam in seconds! Here's a list of some of my favorite ones and others that are in my wishlist:
- Tom Ford Lip Color: I fell in love with this beautiful satin lipstick when I got it as a reward with my VIB points. Like many luxury products, this lipstick is made with a mix of rare and exotic ingredients, such as soja seed extract, brazilian murumuru butter (it's real!), and chamomile flower oil. I wish I could afford to buy them in every single shade but I think that I'll at least get another one 🙈
- YSL Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain: Simply put, the perfect ultra-matte red lip stain. If you want to feel (and look) invincible, wear this in its vibrant pink red shade and you're set!
- Urban Decay The Ultimate Pair Lip Set: Their Vice lipsticks alone are usually around $20 and for only $22 you can get this set that also includes a 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil. This set is available in two matte finishes and in a metallic one. If I had to choose, I would definitely get the backtalk and rush set, perfect for everyday!
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer: I haven't been much into gloss lately but this cruelty-free gloss caught my eye since I saw a girl wearing it at Sephora. It's supposed to make your lips look fuller and smoother and Rihanna herself said "I made it because I wanted the girls to get kissed more." So yeah, there's that!
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick: I love that this matte lipstick is creamy, yet lightweight and it really makes your lips stand out. The pigmentation is amazing and I feel that is not as drying as NYX Matte lippies. Also, there's currently a limited edition shade that smells like gingerbread! You know, in case you wanted to get in that holiday mood already 👄
- Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick: I first tried this lipstick when it came with a Sephora holiday set I got last year and I really liked its tip applicator that makes it feel like a lip balm. When it dries, it has a satin finish that's not too shinny but not 100% matte either. So best of both worlds I guess?
AND THERE'S MORE!
A good lipstick can take your look from blah to glam in seconds! Here's a list of some of my favorite ones and others that are in my wishlist:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Pore Minimizing: I'm a fan of Smashbox primers because of how beautiful and smooth they leave your skin. I started with the original one like six years ago but when they released this pore minimizing version, I decided to give it a try and have been using it ever since. It literally blurs out your pores and mattifies your complexion without causing breakouts. This product is a must for me, specially during the warmer months.
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More® Pore Refiner Primer: As you can tell, I'm all about flawless skin (and who isn't, right?). This is primer is similar but a bit pricier than the Smashbox I've just mentioned. However, I've heard that is just what you need if you have oily skin! I have more of a combination skin so I will probably get a sample first before deciding if I want to buy it full size.
- Too Faced Peach Mist Mattifying Setting Spray: I told you I was obsessed with this Too Faced collection but I swear is for a good reason! This one is a cool setting spray that leaves a matte finish on your skin and smells delightful. Just make sure to shake it well before using it, otherwise you'll end up with white patches on your face! It's the same price ($32 USD) as my other favorite setting spray (UD All Nighter), so I guess the price is reasonable too.
- Beautyblender Blenders For All Seasons: I don't think I need to explain much about these bestselling blenders, do I? 😍 You can usually purchase one for $20 and this set includes 4 of them + a cute crystal nest for $65 so you're basically getting one beauty blender for free. If you like applying your makeup with these sponges, then this set is definitely a no-brainer.
- Tarte Artful Accessories Brush Set: This limited edition holiday set includes five full-size brushes: cheek, complexion, highlighter, shading eyeshadow and blending eyeshadow. I've got their unicorn set and the quality of the bristles is great, they are really soft and don't feel cheap at all. Plus, it comes with a a fab gold brush holder!
DROPS OF HEAVEN
I'm 100% convinced that a good serum can totally transform your skin! They're usually a bit pricier than other skincare products, but worth every penny. I'm slowly working on growing my collection and these are the ones at the top of my list:
- Sunday Riley Power Couple Duo - Total Transformation Kit: This set includes two mini versions (0.5 oz/15 ml) of Sunday Riley's bestsellers: Good Genes Treatment and Luna Sleeping Night Oil. I tried a sample of the sleeping night oil and didn't love the smell but it felt amazing on my skin and helped reduce the irritation/redness I had on my face. Good Genes is an all-in-one lactic acid treatment that exfoliates and gets rid of dead skin cells to reveal a smoother and fresher skin.
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum: I got one of these minis and finally understood what they hype is about. This serum is the perfect balance of hydrating and resurfacing. It helps achieve even skin tone, minimizes pores and reduces fine lines and dark spots. I also love that the brand is cruelty-free and supports IEF (International Elephant Foundation). Seriously, what's not to love? You can also get this Hot Date Limited Edition Set for $8 more and get 3 additional products, including a cleanser, cream and facial oil.
- SKI-II Facial Treatment Essence: This essence is perfect for dullness and uneven skin tone because it's made with Pitera, a bio-ingredient rich in vitamins, organic acids, minerals, and amino acids that work together to support natural skin cell renewal.
- La Mer The Revitalizing Hydrating Serum: This almost $200 USD high-speed serum promises to fight fine lines and wrinkles with its super moisturizing formula that includes Miracle Broth™ and lime tea concentrate.
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate: This serum is one of my holy grail products. I've been using it for 4-5 years now and I can tell you that it deeply hydrates, restores your skin's luminosity and corrects imperfections. A little bit goes a long way and you just need a couple of drops every other night.
- Farsáli Unicorn Essence: Everyone's been raving about Farsáli's serums on Instagram so I will probably give of them a try! Asides from the cool name, this essence is supposed to protect the skin from free radical damage and helps get smoother makeup application.
- Farsáli Rose Gold Elixir: This one is a fast-absorbing, dry oil that's made with rosehip seed oil, pumpkin seed oil, vitamin E and yeah, 24k Gold ✨✨ I would probably mix it with my foundation and apply it at night for a maximum moisturizing effect. Have you tried any of these serums? Let me know if they do live up to the hype!
GET INTO THE PREPPING MODE
Beautiful skin starts with a good base and the earlier we take care of it, the better it will treat us in the long run. Here's my list of the top masks, gels and creams available in this 2017 Sephora VIB Sale:
- Dr Jart+ Water Fuse Hydro Sleep Mask: This one is a sleep mask that replenishes the skin’s moisture level and removes impurities overnight. I've only tried their rubber masks and even though they look super weird on, my skin loves them. This one is supposed to be even better because it stays on all night (you need to wash your face in the morning with warm water) and contains a blend of AquaMinerals and Himalayan pink salt. This directs waterflow and helps maintain balanced moisture levels, visibly boosting firmness and elasticity, and supporting natural cell regeneration.
- Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Mask to Quench Skin's Thirst: I love this brand, which was founded by the son of Estée Lauder btw. This nighttime mask is super moisturizing and therefore, amazing for dry skin types.
- Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads: If you have sensitive skin and suffer from the occasional adult acne and/or blackheads, then you need to try these treatment pads. It can make your skin tingle slightly when you use it but it's kinda expected because of the glycolic and salicylic acids.
- LaNeige Lip Sleeping Mask: If you are anything like me, you know how dry and chapped your lips can get during the cooler months. This leave-on lip mask helps sooth and hydrate your lips to make them feel oh so kissable again!
- Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: The skin around my eyes is so sensitive and this eye cream has been a life saver! I first bought it last year and haven't looked back since then. I like to use it at night and before applying my makeup for a smooth and brightening effect.
- GlamGlow GLOWSTARTER™: This moisturizer was recommended to me by a Sephora Beauty Advisor and I'm so happy that she did! It has iridescent illuminating pearl particles that blur, reflect, and enhance your complexion. In other words, it helps you look like you glow from within. I use the "nude glow" shade but apply moisturizer first, otherwise it can look patchy on me.
- Tatcha The Water Cream: This is an oil-free, anti-aging water that helps with hydration and poreless-looking skin. It's supposed to be great with overall redness and even flakey dry skin. It's been on my favorites list for a long time and I think it might be just the right time to bite the bullet! You can also get this Bestsellers Set and try this cream plus other amazing products from the brand.
- Foreo LUNA™ Mini 2: Sometimes we need a little help when washing our face and that's when this cleansing device comes in handy. It's really easy to use, you just need to turn it on, apply a bit of your usual cleanser, wet the brush surface just a tad and cleanse. It even has a pulsating action that indicates when it's time to move on to another area of your face! Oh and did I mention that it comes in six colors? I'm sure you know which one I'll be getting 😂
TREAT YO' SELF!
Ok, that was long! I hope you enjoyed my 2017 Sephora VIB Sale and that you share with me which products you have or are planning to get for yourself or as a gift. If you are not a Beauty Insider yet, remember that is completely FREE to join, so no better time than now!